Monday, November 1, 2010

Thankful for Health!


First off, we had our second visit to DeVos today for Easton to check his hemoglobin and blood counts. Everything looked great, Praise the Lord. Our little, yet not so little, guy had all of the nurses ooing and aahing. They just loved his hair and his rolls. I had to strip him down to his diaper to get weighed and measured, therefore the nurses were able to check out his chubby little belly and the rolls upon rolls on his arms and legs. He weighs 17 lbs 9 oz and is 26 inches long. I am so very thankful that I have a healthy baby who has a blood virus that is so treatable and which doesn't have hardly any side effects in our daily lives. This could be much worst, I could be going there to have chemo treatments or some other form of treatment, for this I am thankful. What a blessing he is. He truly is such a happy little guy these days. Just when it's getting good I have to go back to work, yup, I head back in a week. I went in today, thanks Kari for helping me out, in order to plan with my sub and she had it all planned for me already. I have been so blessed to have such a fantastic sub in my classroom teaching my students. God is truly blessing me!
Secondly, I headed back to WW two weeks ago, I wasn't going to say anything but what the heck. I've lost 6.2 lbs and I'm so excited. Tonight I headed back to SNAP Fitness, a 24 hour fitness center up the road from me. I went there after having Addisyn, well, just before she turned one and I really loved it and felt very good about myself. So I thought that I needed to do this for my sanity again. So tonight I was back at it and I feel great! Here's to 6 more pounds by Thanksgiving, and I'm not going to gain it all back by eating pumpkin pie and turkey, I'll just have skinny little slices :)

2 comments:

Kate @ When Hello Means Goodbye said...

thanks for linknig up! so glad Easton's tests looked good!

Trisha said...

Congrats on the 6 pounds! Keep it up. You can take it off while I put it on. Then you'll have to encourage me this spring. (: So glad Easton is doing good!