Tuesday, November 9, 2010

November Thanksgivings...Day 9

After having my first day back to work I have to say I am very THANKFUL for my Aunt. She means so much to me and has been such a huge part of my life. She is now known as Auntie but has always been Aunt Marj to me. She is the most giving and caring person I know.


In the spring of 2009 when I found out she had breast cancer I was devestated. But she is a true fighter and she fought the battle. I am so thankful the Lord put me in her family. She is my dad's sister but has always been like a grandmother to me. My grandma went into a home when I was quite young and died when I was a junior in high school so I don't have very many memories of her and Aunt Marj has definitely filled in more than enough for not having grandma on my dad's side.
I was nervous about how today would go with 3 kids for her to take care of. My biggest worry was my 'stinker', but he did well. It was the oldest that was a problem, she through a royal fit when it was time to go to preschool. I'm hoping it was a one time thing with the change of mommy going back to work but I felt terrible. Of course Auntie handled it like a champ.


Auntie has been one of the best things that has happened to our family. She has watched Kylynn since she was 5 months old and has gladly accepted each new addition we have had to our family with open arms. I seriously think my kids walk on water for her. She is so good with my kids and I am so blessed to be able to bring them to her when I am working. It makes going to work so much easier. I know they are loved and cared for on such a deep level. She would do anything for them and us and I truly appreciate her. I have know idea what I would do without her.
We are so blessed to call you Auntie, you are the best and we love you!

1 comment:

Kari Lynn said...

We are pretty lucky to have such an amazing woman as our Aunt!