Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today I am thankful for my entire family. I love days when I get to spend time with my parents, my sister, and Jason's family. I am bummed that I won't get to see my brother and his wife but that's what happens. These are the days that mean so much to me. Sitting around talking with the sister-in-laws and mother-in-law, catching up with my parents and sister and just enjoying that family time.
Today though I am also sad that I won't be heading out to Grandma's house. It's been a few years since we've gotten together with my mom's family but I sure do miss those days. I especially miss them now that my Grandma is gone. I know she is looking down at us from above this thanksgiving. But I can't help but remember the days when we would gather at her house for her delicious pies and the only time I used to get gravy. Going to Grandma's was so special. I sure do miss those good ol' days.

Enjoy your thanksgiving and don't take your family for granted. You never know when they won't be there anymore. Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: