Tuesday, July 8, 2014

10 on Tuesday

1.  We went to the Cherry Festival Arts and Crafts show while the guys walked through the car show.  When we were done we were waiting for the guys and spotted this old state trooper vehicle.  A friend of mine actually had it at his house and cleaned it up and I was hoping he was here by it but I found out from my dad he had just walked away.  We took Addisyn's picture by it for other reasons, she was having a rough time at the beach the other day so my mom gave her a rock to help calm her down.  She loves rocks.  Jason had told the kids we couldn't take rocks out of the lake because it was a national park.  Well on the walk back to the car Addi asked if there were cameras that would see her take the rock grandma gave her cause she didn't want to get in trouble.  So we've been telling her they are going to come get her.  We told her we were going to tell the police and she was scared.  Kind of a funny story.  We are loving having fun with it with her.

2.  We enjoyed a lunch outside on my parents deck so we could watch the Blue Angels.  As a kid growing up we ate outside often during the summer and it is something I absolutely love and cherish.  I really hope our next home has a deck where we can get a patio set to carry on that tradition.  It means a lot to me and I'm so glad we could enjoy a meal outside with my children.  Hope to do a few more while I'm here on vacation.
nice face Kylynn Joy

Addisyn Joy

Oh and we had corn on the cob for the first time this summer, yum
The fam, photo courtesy of Kylynn


We thoroughly enjoyed watching the air show from my parents deck.  The Blue Angels flew over quite often and were very close, it was pretty awesome!  This is a pic of them as they flew back towards town.

3.  She learned my passcode on my phone and decided to have fun with some selfies.  She cracks me up.  Gotta love her!  I will be holding these for blackmail down the road.


4.  I took a run last the other night through my old neighborhood.  I was hoping to do 4-6 miles but my parents whole neighborhood is just under 2 miles so I did the whole loop 2 times and was bored out of my mind.  Plus my ipod needs some updating, which I did today thanks to some help from my friends on facebook.  It was weird running through my parents neighborhood because there are so many new families in here and I don't know very many people that live in the neighborhood anymore.  I also missed my running buddies who chat with me the whole time and get me through.  
5.  My mom made monkey bread for the kids for breakfast, they were so excited.  It is another family favorite and a tradition at the VanDyke home.  

6.  We didn't really know what to do for dinner tonight and so I remembered I had some TRIP to Culver's, so that's were we headed.  Dinner and ice cream all in one stop.  After dinner we checked out some cars as it was Classic Car Night at Culver's.  The kids loved it and I was a nervous wreck.  Just telling them not to touch the entire time.  They did great, I was quite surprised.  They had lots of favorites that I had to take their pictures by, it was pretty cute.




Kylynn kept posing like this, crazy girl

My handsome fella


Check out Addi's pose, love it!

7.  Easton has been OBSESSED with driving the red corvette.  This was the Christmas gift to the grandkids from Grandpa, and grandma too.  He drives it every chance he gets.  When we got home from Princess Tea he was driving around.  The best part is my parents have a cul de sac that they live on so there is on traffic.  Perfect for the kiddos!

8.  My kids are loving riding their bikes and scooters in grandma and grandpa's cul de sac.  It is perfect for Kylynn who has been having a rough time with her bike.  She just needs to keep riding to build her confidence.  She is slower than slow and scared of everything.  I am trying to keep my patience with her and just keep encouraging her and building her up.  She can do it but she is so afraid of falling.  Hoping by the end of the week she will be more confident and good to go.  Easton is a riot on his scooter, he is SUPER fast, he says.  Addisyn does laps around Kylynn and has no fear, it sure is fun to watch them and they are so different from each other.  Siblings yet so different, I love it!





9.  When we got in to town last week we had to make our run out to Moomers.  It is a family favorite and a place we frequent.  The ice cream is delicious and the atmosphere is the best.  The line was the longest we have seen it yet this summer but it always moves so fast.  Well worth the wait for sure.  It was a perfect night so we enjoyed our ice cream outside.  I even saw one of my junior high teachers so that was a bonus!

A chilly night but a good night for ice cream


Easton Marc

Mommy and Addi

Daddy and Kylynn

10.  I am pretty excited I found a runners belt to hold my phone and chews on one of the online sale sites I frequent.  Can't wait to get it when I get home and use it.  My main reason is to use it in Mackinac when I run in September again so I can have my phone and if I need chews when I run.  For $5 if I just use it a few times that is fine with me.  

No comments: