Monday, October 18, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom

Today I want to wish my mom a very Happy Birthday! It takes becoming a mom to truly appreciate what a mother does for their children. Mom and I have probably become closer now that I am a mother and I love it. We didn't always get along the best when I was in High School, you know she just didn't understand, well really she did but I didn't think she did. She has always been there for me and I love being able to pick up the phone and have her there. Hopefully some day I'll be able to drive a shorter distance to get to her house if need her. For now though I will take her at a phone call away, 2 1/4 hours away. She has been a huge help to me with the three kids. When the hubby decides to head to the UP, mom comes down, or should I say Grandma. I am so blessed to have her to help me and give me a little relief.
In September we enjoyed the circus, this past weekend we enjoyed the pumpkin patch with the kids. We also started a new tradition of making applesauce, I really enjoyed spending the afternoon side by side with her learning how to make applesauce. She told me she learned from her mom and now I have learned from her, love it. Thanks so much mom for coming down once again to help me out, I truly appreciate it!
The kids giving Grandma her presentNow she has her Vera, and she even got socks
Mom, have a wonderful day and enjoy your day, do something for you, don't cook either! Love ya!

No comments: