Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Ten on Tuesday

1. I am finally feeling better.  I lost my voice last Saturday and then had a cold but my throat was killing me, by 10:00 at night I was in so much pain, but I was fine all day.  So by Thursday I had enough, I called the doctor.  I got in that afternoon, verdict, ulcers on the tonsils, lovely!  She said they look pretty painful.  I started on meds right away but they didn't get better until Monday morning.  So I took cepecol, the nastiest tasting throat losenges to numb my throat.  I was pretty happy when I woke up yesterday morning and was not in pain.  Ready to get back on the mend.


2.  Jason and I had a date night Friday night, woot, woot!  It was totally unplanned.  His mom called Thursday night and asked if the kids could come bowling Friday night and then have a sleep over with the Tibbe cousins.  Of course!  They were so excited.  So we headed out to Outback to use some of our gift cards, I was bummed though, left one of them at home so we only had $25 instead of $50, guess we'll have to go again sometime soon.  Then we headed to the North Face store so I could find a had to go with my coat, they were out of women's hats, ugh.  I did check out H & M while there though and bought a birthday outfit for Addisyn.  It was a nice night out.  Thanks Papa and Grandma!
Cole, Easton, Addi, Kylynn and Cambrey

Papa helping Easton

3.  Since we had no kids Saturday morning we tried out our, new to us, snow shoes.  Jason bought us snow shoes on eBay and we haven't had a chance to get out together.  He has used his but I haven't had a chance.  We took a nice trek through some trails over by the Grand River.  Since I have been sick I haven't worked out in over a week and a half so I was quite whooped.  He said it was exercise and I said yeah but I'm sick!  We had an enjoyable time though, nice to just be together out in the peace and quiet of the snowy winter morning.


Me and the hubby

4.  I spent my Christmas money from Dad and Mom Vugteveen on a new winter coat.  I haven't had a good winter coat for outdoor activities since high school.  I had been checking out coats for a few months now and had my eyes on a dark teal coat but when I went to order the one that I ended up with was $100 cheaper, I couldn't go with the color I really wanted and justify $100 more for a coat.  I am happy with the coat just need to find a hat to go with it.  It is gray but looks purple.  
 The inner liner is that soft plush fleece, I love it!

5.  100's day is coming up for Kylynn at school and she had a project to complete.  Of course, she asked every night to complete her 100's day hat.  So we had some time on Saturday and I decided I better get it done with and just get her off my back.  She had fun and it looks pretty cute.

half way done, forgot to take a final pic

6.  Jason's Grandpa ended up in the hospital last week with some internal bleeding.  As a result of his being in the hospital for 3 days and laying around he became week.  They recommended he head to an assisted living home for a few weeks to do some physical and occupational therapy and also to have someone there 24/7.  He is 94 years old and still lives on his own.  They moved him Saturday and Monday he ended up back in the hospital with chest pains and low blood pressure.  Please keep him in your prayers.  

7.  With everything going on with Jason's grandpa on Saturday and the sleepover business we ended up with our nephew here for a few hours.  I think he had fun with all of the toys and his big cousins.



8.  Just a little fun in Biology this week.  Looking at paramecium's and euglena.  My teaching partner handmade some microscope type plates where the students could use their phones or an Ipad to look at the organisms and then take pictures and even video.  They thought it was pretty cool and so did I!

9. 
feel so bad for all of the snow blowing my hubby has been doing,
he is always well equipped though

10. We started a new study in our small group Saturday night, I am pretty excited about it.






No comments: