Thursday, July 24, 2008

Happy 5 Years to Us!

That's right, Jason and I will be celebrating our 5 year anniversary on Saturday. He is taking me to Mackinaw Island for the night. He planned the trip and surprised me. I'm very excited and can't wait to spend some time together without the kids. My parents are being wonderful to us and watching our girls and Jason's dad is being wonderful and watching the other two kids, our dogs. It's amazing how time flies. It seems like just yesterday we were planning for the big day and now we've been married for 5 years and have two beautiful daughters. Who would have thought things would be like this. Jason is a wonderful husband and father and I have been truly blessed over the last 6 years with him. He is very good to me and I thank God every day for bring him into my life. Who would have thought a blind date would turn out this way, I didn't think it would. I sure knew on our first date though. It has been a wonderful 6 years with Jason and I look forward to many more years with him. Have a wonderful weekend and I'll fill you in next week with what's been happening in the Vugteveen home, we've been very busy!

1 comment:

Kari Lynn said...

I hope you had a wonderful anniversary today up on the island - I sure enjoyed my time with your girls! (: