Monday, December 12, 2011

I thought I'd give it a try

I was checking my email the other day and a got a newsletter from TipToes in Holland. One of the ideas was from a blog that I checked out. It was a finger print snowman. Well, I can't find the exact post, it looks like it was from last year but I did find another post they have with another idea very similar to this one. Anyway, we aren't quite done yet but here's the beginning of the project. I have to bring home an orange marker to make the noses for our snowmen. What you need: white acrylic paint (I used tempra, it seemed to work fine) glass ornaments, they said to use light blue, but I couldn't find any, sponge brushes and optional is fake snow. Since I couldn't find the blue ornaments I thought the fake snow would look cool. I did, however, buy the frosted glass ornaments so we'll see how it looks.

I painted the kids hands and then they are supposed to grab the ornament from the bottom.


Sorry about the photographs, the girls were the ones that took the pictures. Except for the one below, I was playing peek-a-boo with himI even painted Easton's hand. He wasn't too sure of the paint on his hand and he squeezed his hand together before I could put the ornament on his hand. I think it still turned out okay. I'll post pictures after I get them finished so you can see the finished product.



As you can see he was pretty interested in the ornament. Overall we had fun doing this and the girls liked having their hand painted.


No comments: