Sunday, August 14, 2011

Us

We were on vacation this year when J and I celebrated 8 years of US! Wow, time sure does fly by. 8 years ago I could never have imagined I'd be so blessed and have such a strong and healthy marriage with three beautiful children to add to it. J and I have had our share of disagreements and misunderstandings but with God at the center and making sure we follow his teachings you can't go wrong. He compliments me and I sure compliment him, jk. He is so calm and even keeled, me not so much. I'm outgoing, him not so much:) He is my rock and my protector. I know that if anything has me upset that he will put it in perspective. Often times I would say I don't like this and don't want to hear what he has to say but I no he's usually right, don't tell him I said that, he doesn't read this:) I love how he is such a good daddy to our children and truly cherishes his time with them. I also love how excited he gets about hunting with his kids and how I watch the girls get so excited to talk about hunting with him. One of these days I'll be all by myself during hunting season, won't that be fun.
This week J and I are heading away without the kids to enjoy some time and celebrate us, and my birthday. Funny story. He told me he was taking me away for my birthday so I was telling everyone he's taking me away for my birthday. Then a few weeks ago he says to me, it's for our Anniversary. I said, I've been telling everyone it's for my birthday, he said well that's fine too I guess. So what sounds better, I think taking me away for my birthday:) Since he left me in TC and headed north for my 30th I think this is his payback:) Anyway, looking forward to some time away with my hubby I love oh so much and can't wait to spend another 8 + years with:)



1 comment:

The Kowalskis said...

Happy Anniversary! & Kris, you look great!!!