Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Day #3 at the Cottage...

A great day at the cottage. We started the day off with a wonderful breakfast made by Jason. Eggs, hash browns, and bacon, he sure knows how to make a great meal. We then started the outdoor activities with my dad trying to water ski. He got up on try number two, very proud of him. I then decided I needed to see if I still had it in me, I sure do, got up right away and was able to stay alive through the whole trip, almost bailing at one point but I held on. As Katie says I went down gracefully. Then Jason had to try water skiing, got up on try number two, something about his contacts made him fall the first time. Then Kari and Jason tubed, Kari flew over J, quite a scene from shore. We spent the rest of the afternoon sitting in the sun, very nice to be able to enjoy the rays while the girls slept. When they got up they played in the sand for a little while before dinner. Jason also took Kylynn waaaaaaaaaay out in the water, on the tube. She really liked that. After dinner we headed in to Ludington to walk the pier, play at the park, and get some ice cream. Got some great pictures on the pier of the family and the sunset. After walking the pier we played on the park with Kylynn. Jason, Kari, and I followed her around trying out all of the toys. We made a quick stop for ice cream, Kylynn said the one at the cottage was probably closed so we needed to go somewhere else, and the other place probably had a long line, so we opted to try a new place on the way back. She shared a choc/vanilla twist with her momma. When we got home we tucked them in bed and now we're sitting here with my parents and Kari. I'm getting to the end of my book so it's getting good, gotta get it done so I can get my other one read. Looks like tomorrow will be nice again so we'll be getting some more sun. It will be a smaller crowd tomorrow, Trevor and Katie left today, it was so nice to spend time with them, and Kari is heading home with dad tomorrow for an interview, good luck Kari, you'll do great!

swinging with Uncle Trevor
kylynn and dad trying out uncle trevor's kayak

dad water skiing




our familykylynn and mom


kari, mom, and i on the pier

kari and i on the teeter totter

No comments: