Saturday, December 6, 2014

Let the tradition continue...

Every year we usually get our tree the weekend after Thanksgiving, not the actual Thanksgiving weekend but the next weekend.  My parents are usually in town because my mom, sis and I usually head to Kalamazoo for the Wings Stadium Craft Show.  We weren't planning to go this year so my parents weren't going to be here to make the trip to the tree farm with us.  I was a little bummed because who would take our picture?  My mom and I were out shopping on Saturday after Thanksgiving and the weather was so nice I called my hubby up and said let's go get the tree today, so we did.  But as in the tradition of getting our tree from the same Tree Farm for the last 11 years we also wait till the last possible minute to get it.  This year was like all of the others, last customers of the night.  Nothing like getting your tree in the dark, or almost dark.
The week of Thanksgiving there was a terrible fire at our Tree Farm and burned down their main barn.  One of the teacher's I teach with is a firefighter in the same town as our Tree Farm and told me it was a total loss but they would still be open.  They saved the trees and their home, so glad for that.  I just felt so bad that this happened during their busy time of the year.  When we got there it was pretty busy, I was so happy to see that they were still doing business and doing it well.
Off to find our tree

Dad trusted him with the saw

My loves

The family and our tree

My girls and I, the pink hat girls

Cutting down our tree

My mom and the girls

It was a success.

My boys

Another tradition, a pic in the Christmas Tree

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like dad took my place in the tree picture :) And I love that you guys were still the last customers - oh the memories of getting trees in the dark! :) Love ya!