Friday, September 28, 2012

Art Prize with the kids

Wednesday night was a beautiful night so Jason said, let's head to Art Prize.  It was a great decision and one i was happy he made.  I have been wanting to take the kids down to Art Prize the last few years but it just hasn't worked out with our schedule or weather.  We thought it would be best to head down mid week so that we wouldn't have to battle the crowds, although after seeing they let off lanterns tonight I'm a bit jealous I didn't see them in person.  It was quite busy though, I can only imagine what it will be like tomorrow and Sunday with beautiful weather.  The kids really enjoyed themselves, the girls loved taking the cards from the artists to vote for them.  I was able to upload the app and voted as I went, pretty snazzy I do say so myself.  We all enjoyed ourselves, got some great pictures, so some wonderful pieces of art and got a little bit of exercise while at it.  No complaining from the kids, bonus!
This was one of the first ones we saw.  It was interactive for the kids.
They had to find 15 animals hiding throughout this carving.  
It was all carved with a chainsaw. 
The girls loved the horses in the river, how did they get them in there mom?
The kaleidoscope was quite the hit, even Easton took a turn
The three kiddos by the polar bear
Easton thought this was pretty cool,
pry liked his freedom more. He was strapped in his stroller for 
most of the night, only way to go with a 2 year old.
Checking out the penguins with dad
Kylynn told me these were cows when we were inside, 
then we headed outside, oops, they're dogs she said
Some fish in the river, they actually swayed it was pretty cool
I loved this one, looks like a person hanging from a wire
between the buildings, very cool
A human impression make, I remember playing with one of these
with my hand when I was younger, very unique

I took tons more pictures but didn't want to overload the blog!  We had a great time and saw tons of cool, unique, and interesting pieces of art.


No comments: