Sunday, August 22, 2010

A sad day

My grandma and Easton
(so happy that I have this picture)

I got the news late this afternoon that my grandma had passed away. We just found out she had cancer about a month ago and she declined pretty quickly. She had an aggressive kind of cancer and it was sad to know she was declining so fast. I am very happy that we had such a nice visit with her for my last time seeing her. We visited her 2 weeks ago to introduce Easton to her and she asked to hold him. I'm so happy that we have pictures of her smiling to remember her by.
Great Grandma, Easton, Kylynn, Addisyn, and Great Grandpa
I have wonderful memories of spending summers at my grandparents house, swimming in their pool and playing in their 5th wheel like it was our home. My cousin Stephanie and I would play house in the 5th wheel and we also gave our little cousin Cory rides on grandpa's riding lawn mower. I think one time we even put barrettes in Cory's hair and took pictures of him. I have some wonderful memories of my grandma and am so thankful for them. She is now walking the streets of gold with her daughter and grand-daughter. What a wonderful sight that would be.


Please continue to pray for my family as we prepare to say good-bye to her later this week.


No comments: