Sunday, August 16, 2015

Last of the Cherry Fest Posts

I ran the Cherry Festival 5K again this year.  I was hoping my speedy running friend Trish would be right there with me, she usually beats me on these short courses!  She had to run with Trev, her husband and Director of the National Cherry Festival and the Cherry Queen Chelsea!  I thought I might stick with them cause I wasn't feeling that great but I surprised myself and felt great once I got going.  I think it could have been a PR but the course was a little short of the 3.1 distance.  Even with that I still think it would have been a PR.  Next year 15K, just have to recruit someone to do it with me!  I'm working on it already though!
Trev, Me, Trish and Chelsea

Dad snapped a pic of me near the finish

'
Trish and I

Will Run for Cherries!

My biggest fan!

Then it was on to the Cherry Royal Parade
Kiddos in front of Super Cherry

Easton loved this, with Batman

Best entry in today's parade, U of M alumni float


We took the afternoon to relax a little and celebrate the kids birthdays, that will be in another post.  Then it was time to head down for the fireworks to end another Cherry Festival! 
Aunt Kari won some points when she outlined the kids in chalk, they loved it.

Addisyn Joy

Kylynn Joy

Easton and Carson

Kylynn and Lauren

Chalk was on the face this year

Addisyn and Camden

Our TC friends, we always have so much fun with them during the week

My Michigan Boys

Addisyn playing at the park

The big girls, Lauren and Kylynn

My monkey girl!

We brought pop its this year and it was a hit, they went
through all 600 of them!  Good times for sure

Another fun week comes to a close with our TC friends!

Love this guy and the fact that he allows me to enjoy something 
that is so dear to my heart!  We love our Cherry Festival and he does too, he really does I think.

No comments: