Friday, January 10, 2014

Frigid Weather Fun

Since we had below 0 temps this week and wind chills in the negative 20's we didn't have school Monday or Tuesday, what an awesome blessing to have 2 more days home with my kiddos.  We had the Friday off before break for an ice day too.  It was the longest Christmas break EVER! We had some fun that is for sure, we slept in, did some baking, and a few other things too.  I was going a little stir crazy but I really couldn't complain too much, the kids played SO well together it was very nice.  We were all ready to get back into a routine by Wednesday though.
So blessed by these three 

Peanut Butter Playdough
Saw it on Facebook from a post made by Selah Art Studio, love that place,
the girls absolutely loved this.  It was so easy and they had so much fun.



My poor hubby out taking care of our driveway, 
this picture looks brutal and it was.
Poor guy had icicles on his eye lashes, or should I say they were frozen.

A little pizza anyone?

Some super hero action

Kylynn had fun building her Lego Friends Heartlake High with Daddy

Addi helped too

Another round of Peanut Butter Playdough

Addisyn wanted to help me bake something, 
we made hot chocolate brownies

We tried the boiling water experiment, we were a day late!  
It only worked a little bit, bummer!

Another experiment to try, snow ice cream.
I must not follow directions well or something, ours was more like soup

But we had fun none the less.  I am so thankful for my time home with these three.  Even if it had it's moments we sure did have a great Christmas Break.  I am blessed to have a job like I do so that I can be home with them.  I need to continue to count my blessings and enjoy the little things.  Life is short!  Before you know it they won't want to be home with me.  So for now, I will enjoy the little things.

No comments: