Sunday, May 27, 2012

I did it!

A year ago when I was up in TC for Memorial Day Weekend visiting my family while my hubby was in the UP I had some friends run in the BayShore Marathon and the half marathon.  I thought, maybe I could do that.  I had just completed my first 10K and felt like I could do more than that.  So I was trying to find myself someone to do it with me.  About the same time as I was thinking about it so was Julie.  So we signed up together my parents actually signed us up for it and thank goodness, as it was filled within hours.  And the training began.  I was off to a great start and was up to running 7 miles on the weekends for my long runs when I ran into a speedbump, kind of a big speed bump.  I injured my IT band.  Well, that, I thought, was the end of my training but I was able to go through some physical therapy and work myself back up to where I needed to be.  I was quite happy with my finish, 2 hours and 6 minutes.  Now I need to do it again to beat 2 hours:)  We had a great morning, couldn't have asked for a better race. 

 Julie and I coming up on 7 miles
 happy to see our cheering section and get some fluids
 still had some smiles in me at the end
 ready to be done
I did it! Half Marathon Finisher!
 My littlest cheerleaders
The family
My sister and I
Thanks for taking all of the pictures for me!
 My biggest supporter, as he let me train for this race
and watched the kids for me so I could make it happen.
 My parents, more of my cheerleaders
 Julie and I, one of my training buddies
 Becky and I, another training buddy
Our running group
Becky, Jody, Julie, and I

Can't wait for next years race!

1 comment:

The Kowalskis said...

Way to go, Kristi!! You should be so proud of yourself!!