Saturday, April 19, 2014

Spring Break Staycation

The week began with a weekend in Chicago for me and the girls with my mom, I will post at a later date on that, my mom has most of the pics on her camera.  Then on Monday we spent some time at home before I took Easton in for his yearly check up at HDVCH for Spherocytosis.  He is looking great and we don't have to go back till next summer.  The girls went and spent some time with Grandma and Grandpa Vugteveen.
getting his blood pressure taken and his pulse, he did so good

My big boy


playing in the play room waiting for Dr. M

On Tuesday the kids went to Auntie's and had a blast.  They sure do miss her so I asked if she wouldn't mind watching them for the day so I could go scrapbooking with a friend.  We all were happy, mom had some time away and the kids got to see Auntie.
On Wednesday we went to the park with Austin, he did have fun, doesn't look like it from the picture below though.  Then we went to lunch at Panera and did a few errands, it was a beautiful spring day.
My kiddos with Austin, he wasn't too thrilled about getting his picture taken here.


lunch time with the kiddos

Playing outside when we got home, taking advantage of the sunny weather.


 On Thursday we went to see Frozen for the Dove Family Film Festival with Grandma Vugteveen.  Afterwards the kids wanted to see the Easter bunny, I thought we got a great picture and they let me take it on my phone, bonus!


On Friday it was off to the KROC center for our annual swim play date with the cousins.  Only this year we were minus 3 as the Tibbe's were in Florida enjoying the heat and sun.
My kiddos all set to swim


Easton had a blast! He was a fish.

Kylynn Joy

Addisyn Joy

My kiddos

What a group
Easton, Austin, Kylynn, Mason,and Addisyn

Grandma joined with Molly

Me and the kids

Kylynn and Addisyn were happy when the slide opened at noon.


My girls, so blessed


I think the kids had a fun time, our place is booked for next year though, I will not be sitting home enjoying the Michigan weather I will be heading south!  We haven't taken a spring break vacation since Kylynn was 9 months old.  I think it's my turn.  Already looking forward to it.  No to look for cheap flights, as my husband has to go south when we mean south, like Ft Myers south.  So that makes for a long car trip.  We'll see though.

No comments: