Saturday, April 26, 2014

American Girl with my Girls

The girls were so excited for our trip to the Big City of Chicago and even more excited to go to American Girl.  They both brought their dolls and were looking forward to getting their hair done at the salon.  We also also enjoyed a delicious lunch at the American Girl Cafe.  The girls were at the perfect age for this, I am so glad we went.  Thank you to my mom for tagging along and experiencing this with us.
Here we go

With their purchases
Kylynn made her first big purchase, a tunic top to match her doll.
She used her money she won from Grandpa's Christmas card contest.

McKenna and Kylynn

Rebecca and Addisyn
The girls and their dolls
Grandma also got her doll's hair done, well, Aunt Kari's doll Addi 
needed to have her hair fixed.


Lunch in the Cafe

Rebecca and Addi enjoying tea

McKenna and Kylynn enjoying some tea

My mom and I

Enjoying our dessert in the flower pots, so darn cute
Thank you Grandma for a delicious and memorable lunch at American Girl!


This years doll of the year is Isabella!  Kylynn thinks she is great and loves that she is a dancer.  She really wants her but I think she is set with American Girl dolls for awhile.

I had it in my head that I wanted to check out Sprinkles Cupcakes while we were in town and according to my phone we weren't far from there at American Girl.  So we took a hike and finally found it.  It was cold and windy but we were determined to find it.  The girls are avid Cupcake Wars watchers so I wanted to take them here.  They were impressed.  We all picked out a cupcake and took it back to the hotel for a treat at a later time.  We enjoyed them the next day and they were delicious.  Worth the walk!


Our cupcakes, I had a chai latte flavored cupcake and it was delicious.  Addisyn had red velvet, Grandma had strawberry and Kylynn had cinnamon and sugar.  All super yummy!

After a long day they are tucked in bed and ready to sleep

No comments: