Friday, April 11, 2014

Five on Friday

1.
The tradition continues, each year we have a staff and student basketball game to end the day we leave for spring break.  It is a great way to bring the students and staff together for a fun time, raise some money for our family fund and send us off to spring break.  I have played the last 3 years, it is always a full of laughs and good times.

2.
The girls and I along with my mom headed to Chicago for the weekend to kick off our spring break.  I had been wanting to take the girls and with us not going to Florida this seemed the perfect time to take them.  They had a blast, can't wait to share about our whole trip when I get the pictures from my mom.

3.
On the way home we stopped in Michigan City, took the round about way but we ended there thanks to our handy Garmin, or not so much!  I love the outlets and we found some good deals.  The sun was shining and we had a great afternoon.  

4.
The kids are having fun being home and spending time together.  Their new thing right now is Dancing with the Stars, so they act it out and it is quite hilarious.  I enjoyed watching while I was folding laundry.  Gotta love the hot pink lipstick on the girls!

5.
We headed to Frog Hollow yesterday to enjoy the sunshine.  The kids played so nicely together.  We met my sister in law and my nephew Austin and the kids took such good care of him and followed him around to help him.  I can't complain, it is getting pretty easy with these kids, they are really good for me and play really well together.  These two, Easton and Addisyn, though have a special relationship.  She is so good with him and I just love watching them grow together.  Believe me, they have their moments but overall they are great friends.  I think her days with him on Mondays and Wednesdays have helped when she doesn't have school.  He will miss her next year I am sure of it!

No comments: