Tuesday, April 26, 2011

worth a try

One of my favorite things at Easter is deviled eggs. Earlier in the week I had talked to a friend about making them and she said just to look up a recipe in any cookbook. So who better to use but Betty Crocker, well that was a waste! I cut each egg, after my wonderful sister peeled them all for me, well almost all of them. Scooped out the yolks and then mashed them up. Mixed them with dry mustard, mayonaise, salt and pepper. Well, let's just say I followed the recipe to a 'T' but they were the worst things I've ever tasted. I actually spit it out! It was awful! I was so incredibly disappointed and felt bad because everyone else was looking forward to them, all but Mom, who dislikes eggs, how can you dislike eggs? Anyway. I am in need of a good deviled eggs recipe so if you'd like to share I'd be happy to accept with open arms. Maybe I can redeem myself next year!

Kari helped me peel the eggs!

Yolks, eggs, finished product, looks go0d-tasted awful!

2 comments:

Renee said...

I use miracle whip, not mayonnaise - that will be a BIG difference right there! And I use regular mustard instead of dry mustard. I don't use a recipe though. Just slowly add a little of each until you get the desired consistency.

Dykstra Family said...

I use miracle whip or mayo-either are good and I use a little bit of lawry's and a little bit of reg. mustard-the dry is not good! Little of each and you should be good to go! Good luck...sorry yours didn't turn out!