Tuesday, September 29, 2009

am I a bad mom?

Okay, so my morning didn't start out the greatest. I was on time, even earlier than normal for getting the girls up. I got Kylynn up first, she had wet through her pull-up. So into the tub she went, not happy at all. She wanted to wear her PJ's to day care. Not a go when they are damp with pee. I finally settled her down by snuggling for a few minutes before I got Addi up. Then we were all set to go. The girls were in the car and off we went. As we were heading down the road I realized I forgot my prescription information for the reimbursement from school. I called J to see if he could pick it up and bring it to me. While on the phone I realized I had forgotten Kylynn's backpack. She starts crying in the backseat. I then said, I don't think she should go to school with her snotty nose. He agrees. She is terribly upset cause she wants to go to school. I settle her down again at Lindsay's. Tell her she needs to rest today so she can get better for Thursday. These are the days that I wish I didn't work. These are the days when I feel like a terrible mom. I know this too shall pass but I hate leaving my girls when they don't feel up to par and when they want to just snuggle with their mom. Just needed to get that off my chest!

My girls, I just love them!

1 comment:

Brad, Lisa, Emma, and Ashlyn said...

Of course you're not a bad mom! But I can relate. Remember they are in safe hands when you are away, and that you are giving your girls an awesome example of a strong working woman, as well as a loving and caring mom. :)