Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Spring Break...

Well, it may be spring break but the weather is not like spring at all. Bummer! I would love to be outside with the girls this week but it's only 40 degrees. Hopefully by the end of the week it will warm up.

Kari and I enjoyed a wonderful weekend in Chicago this past weekend. We left Friday morning and shopped the Michigan City outlets, great deals! Especially for the girls. After shopping for 4-5 hours we headed to Shaumberg to IKEA. It has been a few years since I've been there but Kari had never been. It was funny to watch her, she was pretty overwhelmed. I got some good deals and enjoyed looking at all of the IKEA furniture. We then made a pit stop on the way to our hotel at Target, Kari got her Wii Fit, she was so excited. We finally made it to the hotel and were ready to head up to the room to relax, a no go. Our key would not work in the door so we trucked our luggage through the parking log, off roading a little and through the front door to have the guy tell us it wasn't our key it was the machine. We laughed pretty hard, I can honestly say it was almost the first time I peed my pants, I didn't but came very close.

We got up the next morning and headed for the city. We did some walking, some more walking, and yet some more walking. We found Kari her sweatshirt she wanted at Forever 21, saw the Bean, ate at the Cheesecake factory, walked some more, and hit Trader Joes. After leaving the City we headed to Woodfield Mall, where I found my sweatshirt from Forever 21 and some other good deals. We finally made it back to the hotel and Kari wanted to condense her bags, she ended up with 2, I had a whole lot more than that, did some condensing but let's just say I was pretty successful this shopping trip.

The girls slept in for me yesterday, it was great. We got up at 9:30, got ready and headed to Target and Meijer. Today the girls went to Auntie's, I worked at school for about 3 hours and ran some errands to get the girls' Easter baskets ready.

Tonight I finally made it back to SNAP, a little break. I hadn't been there since last Wednesday, it showed. I was struggling. I am making myself go again tomorrow night, Thursday night and for sure Sat and Sunday. I'm looking forward to scrapbooking on Friday night with Julie. Maybe I'll get started tomorrow night so I can get organized. I'm pretty far behind. Almost a year behind in my family book, a few months behind in Addi's book and about 8 months behind in Kylynn's book. Time to get crackin. I'll leave you with a few pics from the last few weeks.
Addisyn was walking for us last week. Her big sister took a little mini vacation in TC with Grandma and Grandpa Vandyke. I think that Addi was comfortable with Kylynn gone and didn't feel like she would be knocked down. She hasn't been walking much since Kylynn has been back. We're trying not to push her but we know she can do it.Kylynn and Addi in their cherry bathing suits. We're stocking up for the summer.The girls were having fun in the laundry basket. Kylynn said "Addi, you get in and I'll push you." Well, they both ended up in there, a little cramped but they had fun.

Kari and I by the BEAN, I have now seen the BEAN.Shopping in Chicago, Starbucks in hand!

1 comment:

Kari Lynn said...

I hope you're enjoying the rest of your spring break!

I had so much fun on our little vacay - thanks for being my travel buddy!! (: