Thursday, May 8, 2014

Ten on Thursday and a Bonus



 1.  Got to spend last weekend with one of my besties scrapbooking and having a blast with some wonderful women.  Julie and I did a pancake bar for breakfast Sunday morning, it was a wonderful idea, can't take the credit, Julie's mom Sarah told us about it.  It was a hit.
This was a text I got while gone, sure do love them.

I was also productive in creating a spring wreath.

2.  Jason was installed as Elder of Student Ministries this past Sunday.  Here we go, 3 years of meetings.  So proud of him though.  He will do a fabulous job.  It will just be an adjustment for us, I rarely have to work around his schedule at night and now I will have his meetings on my calendar to work around.


3.  My mom had left Easter baskets for my kiddos before Easter and I finally got around to giving 
them to the kids this past Sunday when my mom and dad were here.  The kids were so happy, 
glad Grandma and Grandpa could be here to share with the excitement.

4.  Kylynn lost another tooth this past weekend while eating breakfast.  
I think this is her 5th tooth that she has lost.

5.  Addisyn Joy sharing an art project she did in school.  I love seeing what they bring home. 
I save them and take a picture of them for their scrapbook.  After the school year is done they get 
to pick their favorite to keep in their school box.  Love their work but I don't need to hang 
on to 13 years worth of artwork.  

6.  We are in full swing with spring sports.  Kylynn had her 4th game this past Tuesday night.  She is loving playing Coach's Pitch and she is doing pretty well.  She has been hitting 3/4 of the pitches.  We are very proud of her.  Now if we could just get her to not worry about what we are doing and focus on the game that would be a bonus, she needs to learn from watching the game, not us.

Sweet Molly, my niece
Jason's sister Lindsey came with her two kids to support Kylynn.  Mason had fun running around with Easton and Addisyn and Molly ended up taking a snooze.  The fresh air must of did her in.  


7.  Addisyn learned how to tie her shoes with Miss Amy this week.  How nice, now one more kid not to have to bend over and tie their shoes.  They keep getting more and more independent.

8.  I took my 2nd personal day today and enjoyed the day with my kiddos.  Best part is bringing them to school, it's the little things.  Then Easton and I headed to Meijer for a couple of things and he asked to look at the toys, he was showing me what he wanted for his birthday.

 I had a blast chaperoning Kylynn's class to the John Ball Zoo.


9.  We headed out to Holland tonight to watch Kylynn's teacher Mrs. B dutch dance.
The kids loved it.  It was a hot night but we wouldn't have missed it for the world.  She gave us her schedule and this was the only night we could make it so we made sure we headed there.

10.  First ice cream of the year.  On the way back home we stopped at Captain Sundae in Zeeland.  The kids each had a small cone and enjoyed themselves, till Addisyn bit into her cone and hurt her lose tooth.  Poor thing.  She didn't loose it though, it is so close.

And a bonus!  This is the site of the future Unity Christian.  I thought it would be a cool picture to take and then compare it when they actually go there in 8 - 10 years:)  

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

I like Addi's outfit in the Easter Basket pic!!! Only Addi ;)