Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Fun day with Family

My cousin Jennifer and her family live in Texas.  We made the trek there 12 years ago to watch Eric and Jen get married and I have only seen them one time since the wedding.  Jen came to Thanksgiving when her oldest was just over a year, he is now heading into the 5th grade.  So when she said they were heading to Michigan I was quick to say we wanted to see them.  Yesterday was the day, we headed out to my grandpa's for the surprise.  It was soooooooooo good to see them.  It had been way too long.  She also has a daughter who is a few months younger than Addisyn.  The girls hit it off so well right away it was just so nice to be together.  Oh how I wish we lived closer.  We took Grandpa to one of his favorite restaurants, New Beginnings.  The kids did great and on the way home we stopped at the Ada Farmers Market, walked around a little, the kids enjoyed  a cookie, thanks to Eric, and I got some potatoes, zucchini and summer squash for our dinner.  It was a wonderful afternoon, we said that we wouldn't let it go that long next time, especially since the kids got along so well.
do you think these ladies are related?
they were so cute together
'
my mom, grandpa, and my aunt
Easton and Brandon, Jen's son
Addisyn, Grace, Jen's daughter and Kylynn
Grandpa with Jen's family
Jennifer and I

Cookie time at the Farmer's Market

No comments: