Monday, May 13, 2013

Another Running Accomplishment

I am now able to say I ran the Riverbank Run!  I would always tell people I was running the Riverbank Run but then I'd have to say only the 5K or only the 10K, now I can say I did it!  I ran the 25K and I am very proud of myself.  I think that I did pretty well and I can honestly say I might even do it again!  Not sure about next year but I would do it again.  Everyone always said the hills are terrible, not in my book.  Not after you train Baldwin and Rosewood and the hill by 12th Ave.  I was rather pleased with the training I did, I was well prepared.  Next time I will just have to pick up the speed a little bit.  I had a great running buddy for most of the race, Kristen and I had trained most of our long runs together and stuck together till mile 11 or 12 and then I lost her.  I had to push through the hills or I wouldn't have made it.  I could have used her encouraging when I got to mile 13 though.  It was a fun time, just wish it wasn't so cold afterwards and I could have hung around to see a few more of my friends.
coming up on mile 6, Kristen's husband was there
My family was at mile 8, happy to see them to cheer me on before all of the hills
my running buddy

Kristi, Kristen, and Julie
My encouragers!

Sunday Night Runs Group
My kiddos and I

25K FINISHER

No comments: