Saturday, September 17, 2011

Our loss, Heaven's gain

Today was probably the hardest day that I have ever had. How do you tell your 5 year old that she will not see her friend again that Jesus wants her in Heaven? Well, that is the conversation I had tonight with Kylynn and Addi about their friend Mikayla. A terrible, terrible thing! Our dear friend Mikayla went home to be with Jesus tonight. I'm really struggling to wrap my mind around this. It just doesn't make sense. Please keep James and Julie in your prayers as they say goodbye and as they go through the days and months ahead. The only thing I could do tonight was look at pictures of our spunky friend so I thought I'd share some favorites with you.

A true friend she was


fun with the girls


matching dresses for cherry festival, dancing on the bench


friends


they had so much fun together, always


Friends through and through!


goofy girls


she was a hoot at swim lessons


such adorable girls, mikayla you always shined!



Mikayla, we will miss you terribly, the girls are so sad.





















2 comments:

Trisha said...

Great pictures Kristi! She truly was an amazing little girl who touched so many lives in her short time here. I hope the Lord will provide understanding for the girls as they deal with this tragic loss.

Anonymous said...

So so so very sad...tears in my eyes as I think about the painful journey they are about to embark on. I kept waking up last night and praying for James and Julie. But sweet little Mikayla is playing in heaven on streets of gold with my baby girls...telling them all about their crazy cousins!