Thursday, February 26, 2009

Happy Birthday Addi, We miss you Steph!



Today is a happy day in the fact that we celebrate Addisyn's 1st Birthday, but I can't help but be sad today as well knowing my cousin Stephanie is not here to celebrate with us. 10 years ago today I recieved a terrible phone call telling me she was killed. I can not believe that was 10 years ago already. How sad is it that my closest cousin and friend was taken from me and has not been able to share in my life. She wasn't there for my wedding, the birth of my children, and all of the fun times our family has had. I know that she is watching over us and I can't wait to see her again some day.

Addisyn Joy, you have been nothing but a joy to our lives. I am so proud of all you are and who you are. We love you and can't wait to watch you grow. Happy Birthday baby!

2 comments:

Brad, Lisa, Emma, and Ashlyn said...

I can't believe your baby is 1 already!!!!!!! Hope you enjoy the day. I also can't believe it was 10 years ago that Stephanie passed away....boy, I remember that. How time flies, huh?

Kari Lynn said...

I can't help but think that Steph is singing Happy Birthday to Addi today! It is so hard to believe that your baby is 1!!

Today has always been a hard day on me, as I know it has on most of the family - it is nice to remember Steph but I think she'd be happy that we also have a reason to celebrate today too!